A Note from Us About COVID 19
At SOFC Projects, our staff and customers’ health and wellbeing are always our highest priority.
The construction industry is one of few industries that is managing to remain open during this crisis and it’s a testament to the industry in general that it remains so. We are all about “best practice” and regardless of company size, we’re all here to help each other get through this together.
We’re here to support you, every step of the way. We have taken proactive steps to ensure that we can continue to provide you with the highest level of customer support and continuity of service.
In this article, we address the steps we’re taking to prevent the spread of coronavirus and offer some (hype-free) facts about the virus, including what you can do to minimise your risk of contraction.
What We’re Doing
We are actively monitoring the COVID-19/Coronavirus situation and taking steps to help keep our workplace, sites, staff, contractors & clients safe.
We wanted to share with you some of the extra steps we are taking:
- All our management staff are currently working from home and conduct most of their day to day interactions with the site team and contractors via Zoom. Times have changed and we will keep doing what needs to be done over the coming months.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout our workplace and sites and disposable gloves are made available to anyone who may require them.
- We have requested that our site staff and contractors clean work surfaces following any activity associated with any work area and that as soon as the work is completed.
- All contractors/suppliers who visit either our office or any of our sites are asked about their travel history. This has been incorporated into our site inductions and weekly “Toolbox Talks”.
- No person is allowed on-site until we are completely satisfied that he or she does not pose any threat to the wellbeing of anyone already engaged and that they have passed our stringent inductions.
- We have imposed strict guidelines to both our own employees and all contractors. If anyone is feeling unwell, they are required to stay away from our site and workplace until they are recovered and have obtained approval to return to work from their doctor.
What You Can Do
Like other previous outbreaks, COVID-19 will eventually taper out and come to its end. In the meantime, the best thing for everyone to do is follow common-sense advice.
The World Health Organisation website is a great source of non-biased information, without the media hype:
Based on what we know about this virus so far, here are some basic tips to keep in mind:
- Coronavirus spreads from person to person via coughing and sneezing and can infect anyone. This is irrespective of their age or immune system. It can be present on surfaces and survive for several hours depending on the conditions. Washing your hands, avoiding crowds and practising social distancing is a good way of reducing your risks.
- The virus typically enters a person via their mouth, nose and eyes. Keeping your hands clean, especially before touching your face, is imperative.
- Alcohol-based disinfectants and household soap are enough to kill the virus before it enters the body.
- Most COVID-19 cases are resolved in time. Only some people have an increased risk of being susceptible to complications.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 can sometimes be delayed, meaning you may not know you’re infected for several days. Therefore, practising good habits, even if you think you have no reason to have contracted the virus, is a must.
- If you develop symptoms of Coronavirus (fever, cough and difficulty breathing), call your medical provider promptly to seek medical advice. They will be able to direct you to the right healthcare facility.
Our goal is to continue to offer our clients the level of quality, efficient and friendly service that you have come to expect from SOFC Projects, whilst doing our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
As always, we’re here for you – please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our friendly team are more than happy to assist you.
We thank you for your support during this time.